|sportscar racing news
|LMP1 Summary - Current Entrants
|byKolles Enso CLM P1/01 Nismo
|Possible Future Entrants
|Manor Ginetta Mecachrome
|SMP BR Engineering Dallara
|PRT Racing Ginetta Mecachrome
Ginetta wind tunnel testing - video and notes at DSC and more - track testing in November - DSC
Updated render - on track in November - plan for 10 chassis
Morand plans LMP1 program - endurance-info.com
Christopher Foster looks @ LMP1privateer - DSC
& Stef Schrader has a (very) similar take - jalopnik.com
OK so "historic" news from here on down - for the sake of completeness!
Courage have LMP1 plans- Dailysportscar.com
Campos LMP1 - MotoryRacing.com
byKolles / Adess History racecarengineering
Perrinn have sold 2 LMP1s for 2018 - DSC & more
Ginetta P1 could have manufacturer variations - SC365
"Half a dozen" LMP1-Ps for 2018 - SC365
Ginetta LMP1 more details - DSC
- BR Engineering P1 making progress - motorsport.com
- running in October
- customer cars available
- Rebellion back in LMP1 for 2019 - wecfans.org
- Mecachrome to power Ginetta LMP1 - endurance-info.com
- ARC Bratislava LMP1 plan in doubt - endurance-info.com
- " Honnêtement, pour le moment je ne peux pas dire que c’est l’objectif à atteindre."
- PERRINN offering 4WD KERS on their LMP1 - website
- Kolles car is now called ENSO - is it this one? or this one? or what?
- SMP confirm LMP1 BR1 with Dallara & ART Grand Prix - endurance-info.com
- ByKolles switches to Nissan power - sportscar365.com
- available for customers in 2018
- Perrin re-emerges with LMP1 offering for 2018 - endurance-info.com
- More from Ginetta on the LMP1 project - sportscar365.com
- Manor to run Ginetta LMP1 in 2018 - dailysportscar.com
- "partners rather than simple customers"
- ADESS moves to Lisbon, Carlos Tavares (ex Nissan, Renault, CEO of PSA) joins and will "keep an eye on LMP1" - endurance-info.com
- More on the Ginetta LMP1 - dailysportscar.com
- 3 two car teams planned
- 10 chassis in production
- Mechachrome turbo V6
- Adrian Reynard & Paolo Catone involved
- ARC Bratislava & PRT mentioned
- suddenly LMP1-L is big! add BR & ESM to Kolles & you get 12 @ LM24 2018...
- ESM looking at 2018 Le Mans LMP1-L entry with Nissan - Japanese Samuri on 10 10ths
- ...careful, this could be a rumour we started with this on 10 10ths earlier!
- Ginetta working on 2018 LMP1-L Privateer - close to announcement - motorsport.com
- BR / Dallara / ART P1 project not progressing - dailysportscar.com
- Ollie Webb on ByKolles chances next year dailysportscar.com
- and the pace of the new P2s...
- More teams plan for LMP1 Privateer in 2018 - sportscar365.com
- chassis changes put back to 2019 0r 2020
- Not short of sponsors - or stickers anyway - Kolles @ Bahrain
- BR Engineering to LMP1 in 2018 - sportscar365.com
- with SMP Racing, Dallara and ART Grand Prix
- ORECA on LMP1, DPi & much more - motorsport-total.com
- Adess looking at LMP1 entry - dailysportscar.com
- From the P2 & DPi pages - this could be LMP2 news - but we think there's more to it:
- "Pierre Fillon on LM24 future - dailysportscar.com
- We are currently working/talking with General Motors, Cadillac, as well as Nissan "
- With Cadillac, Bentley (with Rebellion?), Nissan and Mazda coming in via DPi could "Privateer P1" be replaced soon by "Convential Power P1" in LM24 & WEC?
- At least 6 car 2nd class for LM24...
- -Better than just Kolles left in P1-L
- -Better than "messing up" new spec P2
- Rebellion considering 2017 DPi program - Sportscar365.com
- may convert LMP1s to LMP2 or DPi
- Stakka still open to 2017 LMP1 effort Sportscar365.com
- Kolles Audiesque new nose(e-racingmag.com)
- Manor "interested" in LMP1- Motorsport.com
- LMP1 Privateer discussions at Ricard - details - Dailysportscar.com
- Rebellion Racing
Private LMP1 teams talk changes to ACO - Dailysportscar.com
- do the Spanish have "Christmas Fools Day"?
- ...apparently they do!
Interesting post on F1 Technical Forum
- Greaves, Strakka, BR & OAK join in
- Air restrictors & GT3 engines possible
- Beaumesnil comments - Sportscar365.com
More thoughts on Privateer LMP1 @ Dailysportscar.com
- "Building 9 is housing an Adrian Newey designed LMP1 car based on an Audi PU for 2016 Le Mans"
- Building 9 is Red Bull's secret Skunk Works at MK....
Kolles order 2 new chassis - possible 2 entries in 2016 - Dailysportscar.com
Greaves and Strakka LMP1 programmes will not proceed - Dailysportscar.com
AIM Judd power for LMP1 privateers - PR
Glickenhaus plan for LMP1 in 2017 - Jalopnik.com
Alpine P1 move not with ORECA but "a different well-known french LMP constructor" - Motorsport-Total.com
All-new Ligier LMP2 for 2017 - Sportscar365.com
- Greaves were considering an ORECA/Rebellion
- BR Engineering project still active but not before 2017
Alpine may move to P1 - Sportscar365.com
- French version - Endurance-info.com mentions continued interest in LMP1
- "being in LMP1 allows for development - not the case in LMP2"
- if new P2 regs disallow rebranding
- Move to ex-Greaves Gibson in LMP2 for rest of 2015
- Dome S103 to be test mule for in-house P1
- build at expanded Silverstone base
- check out the #WelcomingMoreLMP1Privateers hashtag - how many more?
- see our list
- possibly add BR Engineering (SMP) now
- but goodbye to the Dome LMP1 below...
- New pics of Dome LMP1 model
- and see the brilliant magazine its in...
- why can't we get something like this in UK/USA?
- Teams to watch for in LMP1
- SARD will run 2016 LMP1 programme - Motorsport.com
- "some WEC LMP2 later this season"
- Have split from Morand (except for team name @ LM24)
- Interesting story from AER - Motorsport.com
- talking with other teams about LMP1
Kairos plans outlined post-Morand - Sportscar365.com
- 3yr program to LMP1 with Greaves
- Wolf still planning new LMP2 for 2016 - Sportscar365.com
- will move to P1 after 2017 if not allowed in P2
- Strakka review possibilities - Endurance-info.com
- 2nd Dome LMP2 available for 2016
- LMP1 return "is one of our wishes"